🪙 Costs: You can expect to pay roughly $2 USD for one cup of the basic grape passion fruit smoothie. If you use advanced ingredients such as chia seeds and nuts, the cost of one glass will increase by another +$2 USD to $4 USD. Note that these are only rough estimates because the costs depend on your location and the quality of the ingredients.
Still too expensive? These ten tricks will help you save money and time:
- Buy pre-cut frozen fruits or vegetables, saving you time on prep work.
- Freeze fresh ingredients before they expire and spoil — even nuts retain their nutrients longer when refrigerated.
- Buy in bulk so you can save money on each individual item.
- Make large batches of smoothies so you only have to do the prep and clean up once.
- Use a powerful blender to make a large batch at once.
- Don’t try to be exact with the measurements. Rough guesses will do to save time and minimize clean-up!
- Drink the smoothie directly out of the blender, so you don’t have to clean your glasses after. (Just kidding.)
- Use water instead of milk to reduce the costs per cup significantly.
- Use Greek yogurt instead of regular yogurt, as it has more protein and will fill you up faster.
- Add nuts and seeds for more protein, which are cheaper than protein powder.
And don’t be penny-wise but pound-foolish! A healthy lifestyle will save you tens of thousands of dollars in direct health costs, add years to your life, and make you more productive in the time you have!
🌸 Sustainability Tip: Shop seasonally and regionally for fresh ingredients to save money! When on sale, stock up, wash, portion, and freeze for future use. Your wallet and the environment will thank you!